HIRING: Paralegal Assistant at G. Ortega Law, PLLC
Do you love business and enjoy seeing a client succeed? Our Houston firm is built on the foundation of delivering exceptional legal services through relationship driven representation. We want to help maximize our organization’s performance. Whether you are deciding to merge with another financial institution, need assistance navigating through the regulatory waterways or better negotiate with vendors, our firm’s principal has done it both as a banker and now as a banking attorney. Our principal is also a middle-market, turnaround expert, whom has led several organizations through successful turnarounds. G. Ortega Law, PLLC., is looking for a dynamic self-starter to help manage several aspects of our law firm in the role of paralegal/assistant. We are looking for someone who is a team player with a high motor. Creativity, organization, and the ability to work independently are musts.
- Manage all firm-wide marketing efforts
- File, edit, draft, documents
- Legal research
- Executive administrative duties to Principal attorney
- Coordinate all law firm events, planning and hosting
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant corporate experience.
- English or Business Undergraduate Preferred.
- Must be able to manage, multi-task and prioritize a large number of work items and several projects simultaneously while demonstrating exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Should have a keen eye for detail coupled with good researching ability.
- Prior marketing experience and working with business clients a plus.
- Must be an articulate and succinct writer and researcher.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Understand confidentiality requirements.
- Should have Strong communication skills.
- Core Competencies Required:
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Job is in Houston, Texas
- Interested in applying for our paralegal job? Please send resume and cover letter to Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org.