Do you love business and enjoy seeing a client succeed? Ready for the next step in your legal career? We are looking for entrepreneurial attorneys, turnkey platform, small buy-in, great location, established firm and proven business leader! Our firm is built on the foundation of delivering exceptional legal services through relationship driven representation. We want to help maximize an organizations performance. Whether deciding to merge with another financial institution, navigating through the regulatory waterways, or better negotiate with vendors, our firm’s principal has done it both as a banker and now as a banking attorney. Our principal is also a middle-market, turnaround expert, whom has lead several organizations through successful turnarounds. G. Ortega Law, PLLC., are looking for a dynamic self-starter to grow into a leader at our law firm.
- Develop and maintain client base.
- No billable hour requirements.
- Legal research – Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Work within client relationship manager (CRM Systems Lead)
- Draft numerous memos, and document client interactions
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Draft and review vendor contracts for both community banks and mid-market companies.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability.
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, or legal rights and obligations.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- The candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Bar. Should have 2-5 plus years of relevant corporate experience.
- Must be able to manage, multi-task and prioritize a large number of work items and several projects simultaneously while demonstrating exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Should have a keen eye for detail coupled with good researching ability.
- Prior marketing experience and working with business clients a plus.
- Must be an articulate and succinct writer and researcher.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Understand confidentiality requirements.
- Should have persuasive communication skills that will help in building trust and broadening the client base.
Core Competencies Required:
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Interested parties, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].